Thursday, March 5, 2015

Review: Infected


Infected
Infected by Scott Sigler

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's a great blend of science fiction and horror.

Apparently normal people start going psychotic, murdering family or friends before mutilating and killing themselves, and their autopsies reveal previously unseen physiological changes. Soon the CIA and the CDC are involved in a secret mission to uncover what's happening.

Is it a human-engineered biological weapon? A naturally occurring parasite that's mutated to its current form? Or is it something more sinister?

The mission to locate and capture a living victim is a roller coaster ride that has just the right amount of scientific and military jargon to give it believability. Three-dimensional characters have just enough personality to engage the reader without bogging it down.

Parasite victim Perry's journey is nothing less than horrific. His physical and psychological struggle are equally gut-wrenching. I was so caught up in his experience that I didn't want the CIA to find him. I wanted to ride it out with him, even if it placed the mission in danger of failure.

I can't recommend it highly enough for lovers of sci-fi/horror cross-overs. The next book in the series, Contagious (Infected #2) has just moved up my TBR list.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment